At the Ultimate Deck Shop, we are huge fans of cedar. We could probably talk all day about why cedar is awesome but we know you don't have all day to read about cedar, so instead, here are our 5 KEY reasons why we think you should choose cedar in your next decking project.
1. Cedar is durable. Cedar thrives in damp climates, enabling it to withstand many conditions. Cedar doesn’t shrink, swell, warp, or decay even when there are severe changes in weather, which makes it such an ideal choice for exterior siding.
2. Cedar is sound resistant. Cedar is a porous wood, which gives it the ability to absorb noise. This quality is one of the many reasons why it’s commonly applied to the exterior and interior of homes and buildings.
3. Cedar is a natural insect repellent. The oil in cedar wood can control pests like termites, ants, moths, mosquitoes, and cockroaches.
4. Cedar is naturally beautiful. As described above, white and red cedar have natural color combination. Finishing can enhance the durability of your cedar wood even more with regular applications of sealer to help it retain its color and stability.
5. The Ultimate Deck Shop currently has a large supply of 2x8, 2x10, and 6x6 cedar boards in stock. Shop with us online or in store today and make your backyard dreams a reality.